M. V. Lomonosov's chemistry laboratory. 1748-1811. Model. M. V. Lomonosov's chemistry laboratory. 1748-1811. Model. Kaplan-Ingel.

M. V. Lomonosov's chemistry laboratory. 1748-1811. Model.
Collection MAE RAS: МЛ-3404
Image ID: 3996102
↑←→↓+--
Museum inventory number:
МЛ-3404
Title:
M. V. Lomonosov's chemistry laboratory. 1748-1811. Model.
Author:
Kaplan-Ingel Robert Isaakovich
Dating:
1948-1949
Location:
St. Petersburg city, Leningrad city
Materials:
wood, plain glass, paper, textile, paint
Technics:
carving
Commentation:
Model of Mikhail Lomonosov’s chemical laboratory was done on the base of a number of historical sources with documentary accuracy in 1:10 scale in 1948. It was dedicated to the bicentenary of the opening of first chemical laboratory in Russia. On 1 July, 1746 at the initiative of M.V. Lomonosov the decree of Empress Elizaveta Petrovna prescribing construction of chemical laboratory on the Basil’s Island (the 1st lane) succeeded. Check chemical analysis of ore samples and other mineral resources were implemented in the laboratory. Much time was paid to colorants research and production. Lomonosov invented his own theory of colors. He developed formulation and made glasses different in color. Formulations of optical glass were worked out for astronomic tubes. In1752-1753 Mikhail Lomonosov read a course on physical chemistry in the premises of Chemical Laboratory. In 1777, upon waterflood, the Laboratory became effete and in 1793 it was reconstructed as a dwelling.
Subject attribute:
Occupation, crafts: paper materials